Come to us for…
- Highly specialized equipment
- A dedicated team that operates and maintains the equipment
- Industry solutions and scientific research projects (examples)
- Open access with a flexible and proactive attitude
Synthesis of new nanomaterials is especially important for ultimate industrial applications. New materials, discovered and synthesized within the Nanocenter can be the basis of new technologies and products, which give the members a competitive advantage. The synthesis of nanomaterials requires modern equipment, such as molecular beam epitaxy, pulsed laser deposition, and high pressure and temperature synthesis methods. The Nanocenter encompasses different synthesis projects from molecular nanotechnology to nanocomposites and nanostructures, coatings, and films. Important research areas and directions in nanomaterials from the point of view of applications within the Nanocenter are:
- Nanomaterials for electronics, informatics, and communications,
- thin films and nanostructures, for electronics and sensors,
- nanomaterials for biochemistry and medical applications,
- nanomaterials for energy, batteries, fuel cells, and photovoltaics,
- nanomaterials for transport, particularly nanocomposites, smart materials, and lubricants.
Equipment for synthesis
Molecular Beam epitaxy - MBE
Molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) system
Manufacturer: Omicron GmbH
Pulsed Laser Deposition - PLD
PLD (Pulsed Laser Deposition) chamber and corresponding equipment.
Manufacturer: TSST B.V.