Ljubljana PhD School on Quantum Physics – 2024
will be held at the University of Ljubljana, Faculy of Mathematics and Physics, and the Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
Dates: June 10 – July 3, 2024
Program will include:
- 3 – 4 fundamental lecture courses (20-25 hours each) on theoretical and experimental aspects of quantum solid-state physics and technology;
- 10 – 12 brief courses (4-6 hours each) on a number of hot topics (superconducting qubits, quantum circuits, superconducting nano-structures, quantum spin liquids, etc.).
Preliminary list of lecturers:
- J. Chalker (Oxford), L. Faoro (Google Quantum), L. Ioffe (Google Quantum), H. Katsura (Tokyo), A. Kitaev# (Caltech)
- E. Koenig (MPI Stuttgart), R. Moessner (MPI Dresden), Yu. Nazarov (Delft), P. Ostrovsky (MPI Stuttgart), T. Prosen (Ljubljana)
- S. Frolov (U. Pittsburgh), J. Lisenfeld (KIT), B. Sacepe (Grenoble),
- Z. Vitto Han (Grenoble),W. Wulfhekel (KIT).
(Additional lecturers will be announced in time.)
Mikhail Feigel’man, Lev Ioffe, Dragan Mihailovic, Tomaz Prosen
The participants are Masters students, and PhD students, post-docs and lecturers in the field of quantum technology. Participants pay no fee, but cover their living expenses and travel from their own resources*.
Number of participants is limited to 25-35.
Contacts for practical issues: QTFuture@nanocenter.si
(*) a number of scholarships may be available for students from Ukraine and few other special cases
(#) to be confirmed