To ensure the fast professional development after PhD either in academic sector or in high-tech companies related to Quantum Technologies (QT), 4-year QT-Future PhD program provides the early start of research training in the most advanced laboratories in the field in various countries.
Research topics belong to modern quantum physics: quantum many-body physics and its connections with quantum information theory; physics of quantum computing in specific devices (superconducting qubits, photonics, cold atoms and ions); quantum analogue simulators; physics of quantum nanostructures, new quantum materials (topological superconductors and insulators, Weyl materials, electronic crystals, etc), nano-electronics (single-electron and single-photon detectors, nano-SQUIDS, etc), fast superconducting devices.
The program is supported by University of Ljubljana, Josef Stefan Institute and Nanocenter jointly with Public Scolarship, Development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia (Ad Futura).
Deadline for application : March 15, 2024 (earlier applications are encouraged)
The key element of the enrollment procedure is the online interview that includes solving of some problems in Physics.
- PhD Starting date: October 1, 2024
- Scholarship and enrollment to University of Ljubljana are covered by AdFutura Foundation
- Duration: 48 months
- Enrollement procedure: after passing the entrance interview and agreement with future supervisors, candidates apply to PhD program in University of Ljubljana and to AdFutura Foundation
- Students supervised by scientists outside Slovenia will spend at least half a year or longer period in the partner labs.
Deadlines and timeline:
- March 15, 2024: express your interest by e-mail on QTFuture@nanocenter.si
Required documents: records of University grades (transcript), CV, publications (if any)
- June 15, 2024: pass online interview in Physics
- July 30: (successful candidates who passed interview) Contact one of possible Research supervisors to obtain his/her agreement to supervise your work
- September 1, 2024 submit an application to the Call for Enrolment in the doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ljubljana, Doctoral Programme in Mathematics and Physics
- September 15, 2024 (with positive result of the interview and written agreement of the future Research supervisor):
To apply for Ad Futura financial support.
not later than on March 15: Application
April 1 – June 15: Interview online
After interview, not later than on July 30: Agreement with Supervisor
Not later than on September 1, 2024, 23:59 CEST: Apply to the University of Ljubljana
Not later than on September 15: Apply to Ad Futura